Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 2, 7/10/15

     Today began a bit slow, but we seem like a pretty laid back group, so that isn't too surprising.  We seem to do a lot of reading and listening to music in our down time.
     When the evening came, around 8pm, we headed out to the Big Grid, a collection of forty sampling plots, to begin conducting our land snail census.  It is a beautiful hike through the rainforest, but it was also far more intense and mountainous than I would have guessed, and I found myself struggling to keep up.  It was dark and we work with headlamps on, so falling behind was becoming unsafe.
     It was then decided that I would do most of the data entry for the census and there was also another experiment involving the snails that I would be working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment